+43 662 8044 6417
Welcome to my Homepage
My research is in the area of formal methods and concurrency theory and practice, within theoretical computer science.
On the abstract end, I work on coalgebra -- a unifying theory for the analysis of various transition systems and automata, based on category theory -- and in particular on behavioural semantics, traces, and the combination of probability and nondeterminism. On the more concrete side, I work on probabilistic systems (probabilistic automata) and concurrency theory. Among my contributions to probabilistic systems, is also my work on convex algebras.
My interests are broad: I have also contributed to engineering areas in computer science like memory management and real-time systems, and I have made a contribution to security on probabilisitc anonimity.
The most exciting research that I worked on, besides coalgebra, is on concurrent data structures and their semantics.
Some (recent) community activities:
• PC member for FoSSaCS'24, iFM'23, TbiLLC'23, , QUALOG'23, , , , , , , , , , MPC’22, TbiLLC’22, , , , , , , , , TTCS’20, , , , , , , , , , , ERC member of , PC member of , , , , , , , , , ERC member of , PC member of , , , , , , , 14 (PC co-chair), , , FORTE’14, (PC co-chair and ICEcreamer), , (PC co-chair and ICEcreamer), , (ICEcreamer), , , , , , , , , , , , co-organizer of , helped in the local organization of
• (Co-)Organizer of - Formal Methods and Distributed Computing: Stronger Together
December 4 - 9, 2022
• PC chair of . PC co-chair of , , , , , PSC’14 @ VSL
• Local Organizer of -- HYBRID from Salzburg
• Member of the , Alternate Reporter for Computer Science I 2020-2023
• Secretary of IFIP WG 1.8 on Concurrency Theory
• Member of the Expert Committee of the EAPLS PhD Award 2018, 2019, 2021 and the Jury for the Beth Outstanding Dissertation Prize 2022 and 2023
• Member of IFIP WG 1.8 on Concurrency Theory
• Member of IFIP WG 1.3 on Foundations of System Specification
• (Co-)Organizer of
• (Co-)Organizer of , IFIP WG 1.8 Meeting, June 26 - June 29, 2017, IST Austria.
• Workshop (co-)chair of
• (Co-)Organizer of (Alpine Verification Meeting) May 4 - May 6, Attersee, Austria.
• (Co-)Organizer of , September 29-October 3, 2014, Mondsee, Austria.
• Sebastian Arming
• Clemens Brunner, co-supervised, defended on June 25, 2021
• Daniel Kocher, co-supervised, defended on May 28, 2021
• , co-supervised, defended on November 29, 2022
• , co-supervised, defended on December 15, 2015
• , co-supervised, defended on November 23, 2015
• , co-supervised, defended on September 28, 2012
• , co-supervised, defended on October 14, 2010
•Nuris Samardzic, graduated April 2022
•Alexander Loitzl, graduated September 2021
•Sophie Reischl, graduated October 2019
•Barbara Mayer, graduated March 2019
•Cornelia Mayer, graduated August 2018
•Sarah Sallinger, graduated July 2017
• Head of Department, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, November 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021. This was a very challenging time, yet also one in which some very good things happened. I am glad that I can look back with a positive feeling.
• Deputy Head of Department, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, October 1, 2017 to November 1, 2019.
• NFN (Shine), Co-PI, 2015-2019
• , postdoc and project leader, Computational Systems Group, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, March 1, 2009 to February 28, 2013.
• Postdoc with , Computational Systems Group, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, March 1, 2007 to February 28, 2009.
• Before joining the Computational Systems group in Salzburg, from October 2005 till March 2007, I enjoyed working as a postdoc with , in the great Security of Systems group (now group), Department of Computer Science (now ), at , the Netherlands.
• Before Nijmegen, I spent some wonderful years (2001 - 2005) working as a PhD student in 's (FM) group (now no longer existing), , at . My supervisor was . I defended my thesis in Eindhoven on November 3, 2005. Follow the next link for information and photos of .
• Originally, I come from . I studied and worked there as a teaching and research assistant at the Institute of Informatics (now part of ), in Skopje.